- Asia Pacific
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
Recent Pfizer Press Releases
Pfizer Reports Top-Line Results from a Phase 3 Study of LYRICA® (pregabalin) Capsules CV in Adults with Post-Traumatic Peripheral Neuropathic Pain11/25/15 8:00 am ESTNEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE) announced today top-line results of a Phase 3 study evaluating the efficacy and safety of LYRICA® (pregabalin) Capsules CV in adults with chronic post-traumatic peripheral neuropathic pain. The study did not meet its primary efficacy endpoint. The study was conducted as a 15-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group study with a primary objective to evaluate the efficacy of pregabalin in themore...
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Pfizer Receive Positive Opinion for Orphan Drug Designation for Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma from EMA Committee for Orphan Medicinal Products11/25/15 4:00 am EST
DARMSTADT, Germany & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Pfizer today announced that the European Medicines Agency (EMA)’s Committee for Orphan Medicinal Products (COMP) has issued a positive opinion for Orphan Drug designation (ODD) for avelumab*, an investigational fully human anti-PD-L1 IgG1 monoclonal antibody, pending an official decision by the European Commission (EC), expected in December. The COMP positive opinion is for the cancer immunotherapy avelumab,more...
- EMA ODD is an important regulatory milestone for avelumab in metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC)
Pfizer Receives European Approval to Expand Use of XALKORI® (crizotinib) to First-Line Treatment of Adults with ALK-Positive Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer11/25/15 2:00 am ESTNEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE) today announced that the European Commission has approved a label update to expand use of XALKORI® (crizotinib) to first-line treatment of adults with anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK)-positive advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). The Summary of Product Characteristics also has been updated to include efficacy data from PROFILE 1014, which demonstrated that XALKORI significantly prolonged progression-free survival (more...
11/23/15 7:03 am EST
NEW YORK & DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE) and Allergan plc (NYSE:AGN) today announced that their boards of directors have unanimously approved, and the companies have entered into, a definitive merger agreement under which Pfizer, a global innovative biopharmaceutical company, will combine with Allergan, a global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma, in a stock transaction currently valued at $363.63 per Allergan share, for amore...
- Creates a new global biopharmaceutical leader with best-in-class innovative and established businesses
- Enhances revenue and earnings growth profile of innovative and established businesses
- Broadens innovative pipeline with more than 100 combined mid-to-late stage programs in development
- Transaction expected to close in the second half of 2016
- Expected to be neutral to Pfizer’s Adjusted Diluted EPS1 in 2017, accretive beginning in calendar year 2018 and more than 10% accretive in 2019 with high-teens percentage accretion in 20202
- Expect combined Operating Cash Flow in excess of $25 Billion beginning in 2018
- Increased financial flexibility facilitates continued investment in the United States
- Preserves opportunity for a potential future separation of innovative and established businesses
Pfizer Reports Positive Topline Results from Phase 3 Trial Comparing XALKORI® (crizotinib) to Chemotherapy in Previously Untreated East Asian Patients with ALK-Positive Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)11/18/15 8:00 am EST
Data Reinforces XALKORI Superiority Over Chemotherapy in Prolonging PFS in Patients with ALK-Positive Advanced NSCLCNEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pfizer Inc. announced today that PROFILE 1029, a Phase 3 study of anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) inhibitor XALKORI® (crizotinib), met its primary objective of significantly prolonging progression-free survival (PFS) in previously untreated East Asian patients with ALK-positive advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) when compared to a standard chemotherapy doublet. In this study, XALKORI was used as the first systemic therapy for patientsmore...
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Pfizer Receive FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Avelumab in Metastatic Merkel Cell Carcinoma11/18/15 7:00 am EST
DARMSTADT, Germany & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Pfizer today announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted avelumab*, an investigational fully human anti-PD-L1 IgG1 monoclonal antibody, Breakthrough Therapy designation for the treatment of patients with metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) who have progressed after at least one previous chemotherapy regimen. Breakthrough Therapy designation is designed to accelerate the developmentmore...
- Breakthrough Therapy designation highlights the potential of avelumab* as a new immunotherapy for patients with metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC)
- Metastatic MCC is a devastating disease and if approved, avelumab could potentially become the first immunotherapy to treat metastatic MCC
Global Partners Announce Donation of 500 Millionth Dose of Azithromycin, Marking Exceptional Progress to Help Alleviate the Suffering from Trachoma11/16/15 4:00 am EST
- Trachoma is the Leading Infectious Cause of Blindness -
- More Than 100 Government, Non-Governmental and Private Sector Partners Driving Progress -
- Continued Efforts Needed to Reach 2020 Global Elimination Goal -NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The International Trachoma Initiative (ITI), Pfizer Inc. and International Coalition for Trachoma Control (ICTC) partners announce Pfizer’s donation of the 500 millionth dose of Zithromax® (azithromycin) Tablets, an antibiotic used to treat trachoma in certain countries. The milestone marks significant achievement in global efforts to help eliminate this infectious and preventable eye disease that can lead to permanent blindness asmore...
Bristol-Myers Squibb and Pfizer to Present New Data on Eliquis (apixaban) at the American Heart Association (AHA) Scientific Sessions 201511/6/15 4:15 pm EST
Twenty-two Abstracts to be Presented, Including New Data Analyses from the ARISTOTLE Pivotal Phase 3 Study and Real-World Data AnalysesPRINCETON, N.J. & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE: BMY) and Pfizer Inc. (PFE) announced today that 22 abstracts will be presented at the American Heart Association (AHA) Scientific Sessions 2015, to be held November 7-11 in Orlando, Florida. The new data, including four oral presentations, contribute to the Bristol-Myers Squibb and Pfizer Alliance’s research in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF) and venous thromboembolism (VTE) in patients treatedmore...
Pfizer Expands its Patient Assistance Program, Doubling the Income Eligibility Limit to Benefit Even More Patients Taking Pfizer Medicines11/5/15 8:00 am EST
Program Offers Assistance to Insured and Uninsured PatientsNEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In response to the ongoing challenges patients face in paying their out-of-pocket costs for their prescription medicines, Pfizer announced today that it will immediately double the allowable income level for its patient assistance program, so that even more patients in need could be eligible to receive their Pfizer medicines for free. With this change, more than 40 medicines offered for free through the program will now be available to eligiblemore...
11/5/15 7:00 am EST
First-of-its-kind Global Report Commissioned by Pfizer, Working Collaboratively with the European School of Oncology, Aims to Catalyze a Global Call-to-Action to Improve Metastatic Breast Cancer Outcomes by 2025
Preliminary Findings to be Presented at the Advanced Breast Cancer Third International Consensus Conference (ABC3)NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pfizer Inc., working collaboratively with the European School of Oncology (ESO), within the scope of the Advanced Breast Cancer Third International Consensus Conference (ABC3), today released the Global Status of Metastatic Breast Cancer (MBC): A 2005 – 2015 Decade Report, which revealed both areas of improvement and substantial gaps in care, access to resources and support, and treatment outcomes for women with MBC. MBC is themore...